Thread: Super Bowl XLI
View Single Post
Old January 24th, 2007
The Silent Cartographer

-*-|IRON|MAN|-*- is flying high
Default Super Bowl XLI

The Bears and Colts will arrive in Miami early next week and the madness will begin. The teams will try to act cool, insisting this is just another game, only the $600 tickets cost more.

Quarterback Peyton Manning, who drove the Colts to an incredible 38-34 win against the New England Patriots in the AFC title game, will be mobbed by hundreds of reporters. Maybe he should, but won't, use Johnny Unitas' old Super Bowl line: "What the hell do you guys want to know today?"

Brian Urlacher, the Bears' nasty linebacker, will be the media co-star, drawing his own army of inquisitors. And the coaches, Dungy and Smith, will provide us with a truly historic angle: the first Super Bowl with black head coaches.

Who do I think will win the Superbowl?

Well as you know the Colts have their most probably Future Hall of Famer quarterback Peyton Manning, who has been a statistical monster aslong as I could remember, is probably what the Bears have to worry about not letting him get hot. When Manning gets hot he its a machine!!. He has one countless Fantasy Football championships for me and he has a hell of a lot of experience playing the game. He has plenty of targets to throw to including one of the best WR's Marvin Harrison and Harrison doesn't get open he can throw to Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, and Brandon Stokely. The loss of Edgerrin James to the Cardinals didn't seem to affect the Colts that much and the duo of Dominic Rhodes and Joseph Addai got the job done(not as well as James though but still got it done) on the ground game. Also the Colts' Defense is playing a lot better. That credit can be given to FS Bob Sanders, whose return has given this defense new life.

I think that if the Colts can establish a decent run game and not remain one-dimensional and if their defense plays well the Colts can win the Super Bowl.

Now the Bears have always been known for the hard hitting and brutal Defense. That will play a key factor in my mind if the Bears want to win the Super Bowl. But lately they haven't been playing up to their standards and they need to clean up there act if they want to win. A key part of the Bears offense it their running game. Their two featured RB's, Thomas Jones(Jones is the better of the two) and Cedric Benson have been running through defenses like crazy. Especially Jones who had a monster game against the Saints in NFC championship game. If they can do well Bears will do well. My cheif concern with the Bears is their QB. In the beginning of the season Grossman had a phenomenal start but has the season winded down he played worse than High School Freshmen. I mean come on QB ratings in some games less thatn 31%???!!! Grossman has plenty of targets to throw to like veteran WR M.Muhammad and WR Berrian. Also he can through to Desmond Clark and if they are in field goal range Kicker Robbie Gould has been amazing.

I think if the Bears want to win they have to shut down the Colts running game and put pressure on Manning and make him make bad descisons. Also on offense the Bears need to work on their passing game and protect Grossman from Colts DE Dwight Freeny and make Grossman to avoid throwing passes in Sanders' direction.

Ultimalty (me being a Packer Fan did not influence my descion) I belive that the Colts will win the Super Bowl. Even though I'm from Chicago the Colts will win beacuse they have way more expirence has a high end football team and their players and coaches have more expirence. The Colts are just a much more high caliber team than the Bears. And Adam Vinatieri might make the Bears life miserable.