View Single Post
Old January 25th, 2007
Novicius

NX-64 is flying high
Default Max Concurrent Conections Question

Hello,

I'm having a problem with the newest version of Phex. I have edited and confermed that the tcpip.sys file has been edited to allow 100 half-open connections. When I used Phex 2 I set the Max Concurrent Conections to 75 and life was good. With the newest Phex however I can't get more then 6. I have set the Max Concurrent Conections in the network setting to 75 and clicked apply and Ok. Nothing changed so I restarted Phex and still no go. I then restarted the computer and double checked that I had the latest java runtime enviornment and reistalled it. I also reinstalled the newest Phex twice. When I open up the network settings I see that the changes I made there stick (Max Concurrent Conections = 75) but I'm still only getting 6 connections.

I tired to go back to Phex 2 but it began to experance the same problem as well.

Strange thing is, when I uninstall and reinstall Phex, all the network settings remain the way I last set them. This leads me to beleive that not everything is being uninstalled because those saved settings have to be stored somewhere. When I uninstalled Phex I checked the box that says "do not save personal prefferences" or somthing alonge those lines, but for some reason they are still saved.

Where are these settings saved? When I uninstall Phex the Phex folder in the progams files folder is removed so I know it's not there.

I would be very greatful for any help you are willing to offer. Thanks in advance.