View Single Post
Old January 27th, 2007
Novicius

Sovay is flying high
Default speak slowly now...(no connection & firewalled)

I seem to be having the same troubles as everyone else... one green bar, brick wall...and there seems to be nothing i can do. unfortunately, i know about as much about computers as i do brain surgery, so you may have to explain slowly and in short words... i've answered the questions but god knows whether i have the figures right... fingers crossed

1. OS version? (eg: Windows 98) XP
2. What firewalls you have? Windows, Norton
3. How much ram? god knows...where do i find out?
4. Hard Disk space available? 5.77GB
5. Connection type? (eg: dialup, broadband, cable, etc.)broadband
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers? speedtouch 716i v5 WL- sound right?
7. Where are you trying to connect from (house, appartment complex, school, student accomodation, work, etc.)? house
8. What version of LimeWire (LW) & Java do you have? (Go to LW's menu Help>About LW...) Will show both LW & Java version. limewire- 4.12.6 java-1.5.0_03
9. Who is your ISP provider (Internet Service Provider)? internet explorer
10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there? it works ok
11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up. nope
12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user. ive been using LW for about a year problem-free
13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface? yes

i possibly havent been very helpful...
what next?

Thanks! X