View Single Post
Old January 27th, 2007
All Shared Up

JohnTheNutter is flying high

I was with Tiscali Broadband for six months or so up until October last year, they warned me about "Heavy usage", even though I was only using Limewire once a week or so and for only one or two songs, anyway, they informed me after three email "Warnings" that I would go on the heavy usage list which means basically I would be sharing bandwidth with all P2P users between 5.00pm and 11.00 pm everyday!! Now I also use Camfrog chat, which is a video chatsite, this became unusable between 5-11pm because of being on a limited bandwidth I was "Lagging" way behind everyone else in the chatrooms, even dial-up users of Camfrog were going faster than me!! Anyway Tiscali offered me my Mac code so I went and am now with BT. They emailed me last week telling me that if I continue being a heavy user with them I may have to go on a higher tariff !! My point is I am hardly using Limewire! I no longer go on Camfrog, so, basically the P2P community are being targeted by all isp's how much longer can file sharing survive??