View Single Post
Old January 30th, 2007
Disciple

thricipio is flying high
Default official Limewire Communications warning msg

Having upgraded to 4.12.8, I discovered the new, rather unattractive (yet attention-getting) orange¹ warning banner at the top of search results tabbed windows? It looks like this.

It's not that I don't appreciate getting the warning, but why keep this banner up on what seems like a permanent basis? Or might I get lucky and discover that after awhile, this banner msg. times out and I won't have to look at it any more?

It just seems like an eyesoar to me, and it unnecessarily takes up screen realestate. If the code is set up to keep this msg. around indefinitely, I'd like to humbly request that the developers make a change so that the msg. gets presented for a set period of time or number of viewings, and then goes away.

Thanks.
________
—Thri
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

P.S. I originally brought this up in the Open Discussion Forum, not realizing at the time, that this would be the preferred forum to bring it to the attention of the developers. My apologies for the double-posting. If a moderator wishes to nuke the Open Discussion Forum thread, that's fine by me.
P.P.S. That thread also contains a brief discussion about what appears to have been inconsistent results when looking for the latest version of Limewire at the Limewire website. At one point, different folks were seeing 4.12.6, 4.12.8 and 4.12.10 at about the same time. I couldn't tell from the posted comments if this apparent website glitch had gotten corrected.