Apprentice

NefWolf is flying high
Unhappy Connection Problems

1. Windows XP Home
2. Normal Windows Firewall and Limewire is allowed
3. How much ram? 480mb
4. Hard Disk space available? about 35 gb
5. Connection type? broadband cable
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers? motorolla modem and DI-714P+ router
7. Where are you trying to connect from -- connecting from house
8. What version of LimeWire (LW) & Java do you have? 4.8.1 Pro 1.5.0_10
9. Who is your ISP provider (Internet Service Provider)? ***OPTUS NET***
10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: What happens when you go there? Your test worked!
11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? 2 computers on the router but the other one is my ma's comp where she only checks her emails and pays bills and such
12. new problem with an experienced user
13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface? I dont see any brick wall at the bottom of the interface

The connection is stuck on one bar and doesn't budge...it worked a week ago for a very short time and before that it didn;t work for a week before...I haven't changed any of my settings since it worked and all my settings have never caused a problem before. Optus has had some recent problems connecting to sites in asia due to an earthquake but that shouldn;t be affecting limewire should it? and no one else i know on optus has any issues...I'm not sure what the problem is. Can anyone help?

Last edited by NefWolf; January 31st, 2007 at 01:54 AM.