View Single Post
Old February 12th, 2002
Unregistered

After upgrading I noticed no improvement in search or download speeds. It was seemingly the same, except that every file, every Mp3 that I download cannot be launched from within Limewire. I can launch it by clicking on the file in the Shared folder on my hard drive. Quicktime is then summoned to open and launch them, which happens without fail. I can listen to them on my computer. When I try to drop these files into Toaster preparing to burn a CD, Toaster spits them right out, complaining that they are not recognizable files. This is sad. I've been told to drop the Limewire files onto the Stuffit Expander icon to open or translate them. This is 100% ineffectual. Nothing happens. I would expect an unstuffed file to appear on my desktop or in a folder somewhere, but if it's happening, it's somewhere deep in my machine's innards where I cannot find it. Before upgrading, I had about 15% of my downloads show up as these "blank page", imposter files. A minor annoyance. Now they're ALL useless. Lime wire is being really quiet about all this. I suspect that Bill Gates secretly bought them out and is up to his old Mac sabotage tricks. Perhaps the recording moguls are in control now. I would become a paying member of Limewire if they would at least tell us how to translate these useless, androgenous, hermaphroditic files into honest-to-god Mp3s again. Of course you can always trash the upgrade and reinstall the old version that WORKED!

I'm on a G4 running system 9 and I'm on Time Warner cable modem access.