View Single Post
Old February 6th, 2007
Draketo, small dragon.

arne_bab is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

Dynamic Querying?

And I can't grab a copy of BS, because I'm on a ppc-linux box here
And even on my amd Box, Windows will not get a single bit (I'm a bit fix set on this ).

I don't really know how big the Phex hostiles-list is, but 300.000 sounds about right.

Phex generally does 20 sources per file in real world useage, and most often it simply doesn't do more because the bandwidth limits I defined are reached (150kB/s, we are two people behind one DSL-Box).

If I want to, I can get about 90 UP connections in real useage (when I'm an Ultrapeer myself) plus leaves, so this performance isn't an edge for BS.

But that doesn't necessarily mean, that bearshare doesn't have any edge over Phex on the technical side.

My main reason for avoiding Bearshare is not its performance (I am sure that it is great), but that it isn't free software.

And the main reason for avoiding LimeWire is that they are cooperating far less with other Gnutella developers than before, so their software may be free, but their development style isn't open anymore.

And Bearshare doesn't provide that much of an edge over Phex, that I'd tell anyone to keep BS. It won't evolve anymore, while others do, and that means that a BS user doesn't further the development of Gnutella, while a Phex user does (like a LimeWire user, btw., but I already stated my reasons not to use LW).

That's why I support Phex, after all, plus that I like its style.

-> put this banner into your own signature! <-
--
Erst im Spiel lebt der Mensch.
Nur ludantaj homoj vivas.
GnuFU.net - Gnutella For Users
Draketo.de - Shortstories, Poems, Music and strange Ideas.