View Single Post
Old February 6th, 2007
Pearl Seeker

Leggedy is flying high
Question Monitor uploads questions

I have been perusing my Monitor>Uploads screen in hopes of better understanding what my file requests do. I have a couple of questions, even though I read any files I could find on them.

Same host asking for the same file multiple times, queues according to the number of upload slots I allow per person.
Ok... how are they asking for multiple slots for the same file, how are they getting them, is this only for LimeWirePro users and are they trying to get faster downloads? Does this have any bearing on what I have read about LW automatically banning users? (how long does this ban last and what does the ban do?) I often see "upload limit reached" and I guess I thought that perhaps they had been interrupted the number of times I 'allow upload slot per person". Does that have any bearing on it?

It kinda annoys me to see the same person trying to monopolize all my slots for a popular, hard to find file and this is the first time I had seen it. Does the number of files one person can ask for from one source also have bearing on this... per day or forever?

I am so confused! I really did read everything I could find about this first, but it just didn't let me truly understand it!

Thanks in advance for the good advice I know I will receive!