View Single Post
Old February 6th, 2007
Spaced Out

muhctekdano is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

Quote:
Ok... how are they asking for multiple slots for the same file, how are they getting them, is this only for LimeWirePro users and are they trying to get faster downloads?
AFAIK, a given user can only occupy one slot for a given file. Whenever I see the same users IP for the same file multiple times, only one listing is currently uploading. Pro users can connect to more ultrapeers, so they may get better results with more hosts, but they can't download a given file faster that has only one host.

Quote:
Does this have any bearing on what I have read about LW automatically banning users?
Not sure what you're referring to...

Quote:
I often see "upload limit reached" and I guess I thought that perhaps they had been interrupted the number of times I 'allow upload slot per person". Does that have any bearing on it?
Correct

Quote:
Does the number of files one person can ask for from one source also have bearing on this... per day or forever?
AFAIK, the only limit that exists is how many files they can download from you at one time. There are no 'per day' or 'lifetime' limits.

Good Luck