View Single Post
Old February 6th, 2007
Pearl Seeker

Leggedy is flying high

[QUOTE=muhctekdano]AFAIK, a given user can only occupy one slot for a given file. Whenever I see the same users IP for the same file multiple times, only one listing is currently uploading. Pro users can connect to more ultrapeers, so they may get better results with more hosts, but they can't download a given file faster that has only one host.
I actually had, at this particular time, the same IP queued for the same file 7 times, all active, so for the heck of it, I changed my max. # to 3 or 4 and immediately it cut down to that same number of active queues. Soon thereafter the same IP popped up for the same file again, but with "upload limit reached", which is what I see often after I see the same IP getting transfers interrupted. I had never seen so many queues with the same IP for same file before, though I have seen upload limit reached many times.

The reason I am trying to figure all this out is so I can see why I am having such a hard time getting a couple of files. That is also why I asked if these upload limits reached pertains to a 24 hour period or forever or WHAT! Plus, I tend to get a little overzealous about figuring things out!

AFAIK, the only limit that exists is how many files they can download from you at one time. There are no 'per day' or 'lifetime' limits.

Actually, I have seen IPs, after transfers interrupted the number of slots per person I allow, getting the upload limit reached message, even though they either havent gotten any of the file or the whole file yet. I am wondering if this is part of my problem in completing some of my downloads.

Thanks for your help, so much, Muhctekdano!

Would love to hear any other views about this, too. Thanks