View Single Post
Old February 7th, 2007
Novicius

Al Pal is flying high

Thanks for responding. Here are my details. I think this will be posted twice. Sorry about that.

Hey there,

I'm going to try this as well as I'm having the same problems since i upgraded to LW PRO 4.11.12

1. OS version? (eg: Windows 98,XP.SP2. )? Mac Tiger 10.4.8
2. What firewalls you have? Came with mac
3. How much ram? 768 Mb
4. Hard Disk space available? 19.7GB
5. Connection type? (eg: dialup, broadband, cable, etc.)? Cable
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers? Modem-Motorola SB5120
7. Where are you trying to connect from (house, appartment complex, school, student accomodation, work, etc.)? Home Wireless mac Airport
8. What version of LimeWire (LW) & Java do you have? (Go to LW's menu Help>About LW...) Will show both LW & Java version. LW 4.11.12 Java 1.5.0_06
9. Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)? Rogers
10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there? Says Your test worked!
11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up. No
12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user. Ran free LW with no problems until I upgraded
13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface? Yes

I have searched through other suggestions in these forums and have tried unblocking the firewall in the Mac System Prefs but am unsure of what or where to find the UDP number in the LW prefs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. In the meantime, I'll try your suggestion of deleting the pref folder.

Thanks

Pal