Old February 10th, 2007
Novicius

Q038 is flying high

. OS version? XP home
2. What firewalls you have? Windows
3. How much ram? 1G
4. Hard Disk space available? 46G of 82G
5. Connection type? Cable
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers? Modem is Motorola 515291, No router atm
7. Where are you trying to connect from? House
8. What version of LimeWire (LW) & Java do you have? 4.12.4 pro, java 1.6
9. Who is your ISP provider? Shawcable
10. Do this simple test for us. "Your test worked!"
11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? No
12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user. Experienced
13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface? No

Put the information there just in case it will help you weed out the problem..

Connection drops out every so often and its obviously a new thing which started, umm, can't pin point the day, but a few weeks now anyway...

Few observationsive had with this issue.. Now bare with me, im not to computer savy...
--It disconnects more often when Shaw is throttling during peek hours(evenings in general)..
--It disconnects more often when i happen to be downloading lets just say one file at a fairly low speed (for what ever reason)..
--It Doesn't Ever disconnect even with little data flow activity if im moving around within limewire with the mouse..(this is the reason i waited so long to post, i been asuming/suspecting it was my PC, Modem or LAN was going into some sort of suspention/sleep/whatever, but never could find a problem with those.. can sustain 14 days straight in Everquest, but Limewire disconnects randomly? /shrug)
--Limewire when it does disconnect because i was away from the PC for a period of time or i had it in minimized doing other things surfing the net/games/whatever, as soon as i open it again and click within the program, it reconnects itself..

All that said, It doesn't seem to disconnect for me at all when im downloading a few large files at peek bandwith speeds even if i been away from the PC for hours on end.. but once the files are done, or there is just one last file left and its downloading a little slower it will disconnect... not uncommon for me at all to wake up the next morning and find one large file not done and Limewire disconnected....

Ok i think ive rambled on enough