Thread: Firewall query
View Single Post
Old February 10th, 2007
Novicius

Iamemjay is flying high

Router: PTI 818 - It was a freebie given by my ISP (TT& T Thailand - that's where I am) and doesn't appear on any of the port-forwarding listings in relation to router/modem configuration for bit-torrent downloads. I strongly suspect that I will not be successful with bit-torrents until I invest in another, fully supported router.

Limewire Pro 4.10.0

Java: 1.5.0_04

A house in a relatively remote part of Thailand - hence the excessive distance (5 km) from what the ISP calls the "box" which I interpet as a local exchange and the consequent slowness of my connection. (Despite this, and despite the firewall issue, at off-peak useage times L Pro often has the blue "turbo connection" bars.)

I have been using Limewire for a number of weeks and have successfully downloaded a deal of material, albeit very slowly. Interestingly though, whilst I have a very good collection of music available for sharing, never once has it been accessed by another Gnutella user - I have no idea if this is related to the firewall issue (... or maybe they just don't like my taste!). The more I use Limewire though, the more I become aware that I have much to learn about the intricacies of it.

(It's nice to have another Aussie trying to help - thanks!)