View Single Post
Old February 15th, 2007
Gnutella Admirer

ZombieGak is flying high

Quote:
Originally Posted by colditz
Hi!
i have doubt about how can gnutella remember the source of the file to download, i mean, i request for a file, this is found in a peer and start downloading. I switch off my computer. i switch on my computer and gnutella. If there is no a central server, how can again strat to download the file from the same peer if this has dinamic IP?
There's a lot of chance in File Sharing. It's great where there are multiple copies of a file but tracking down those single files can drive you nuts.

If it was a unique file that no one else had my guess is that you'd have to search again and hope find it. If that file can't be found, the person might not be on-line or not connected to your network of ultrapeers. You can try deleting your ultrapeer list and LW will find new ones. This would expand your search capabilities. You might also try changing search keywords... it might bring up more results. (perhaps someone can discuss the Out Of Band Search option since I know nothing about it.)

If the file is not unique and others have it, I believe you can pickup a download from others as long as the file's hash ID is the same.