View Single Post
Old February 17th, 2007
Novicius

jams is flying high
Default limited search results

I've been using limewire (basic) now for quite a while and it's been great. But today none of my searches return valid results... just 5 listings for stuff I don't want... ringtones, iPOD ads, etc. No matter what I search the same type of results, always 5 listings within a few seconds and that's it. Appreciate any help...

1. OS version? (eg: Windows 98) XP Media Center SP2
2. What firewalls you have? Windows Firewall (OFF), McAfee Personal Firewall (ON)
3. How much ram? 512 MB
4. Hard Disk space available? Plenty
5. Connection type? (eg: dialup, broadband, cable, etc.) DSL
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers? Broadmax DSL modem
7. Where are you trying to connect from (house, appartment complex, school, student accomodation, work, etc.)? Home
8. What version of LimeWire (LW) & Java do you have? (Go to LW's menu Help>About LW...) Will show both LW & Java version. LW 4.10.5 Java 1.5.0_06
9. Who is your ISP provider (Internet Service Provider)? DSLextreme
10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there? Test works.
11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up. No
12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user. New problem
13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface? Yes