View Single Post
Old February 16th, 2002
Novicius

924 is flying high
Default uploads,100% fail,whats wrong

I have downloaded bearshare2.3 ,2.42, 2.5, gnutellas neweast version,and have same problem with all of them. All uploads fail,upload time climbs till connection is reset-cancelled.downloads are fine. I have netstat live and maxmem from analogx, http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network.htm
and can monitor my processor usage, amount of incoming, and outgoing data, and available memory.with bearshare when upload starts,my processor climbs to 100% and my available memory is at 50 megs and they stay there while download time climbs to10 hours plus until user cancels download. With gnutella my processor runs at 30-40 % and available memory is at 50 megs and downloads all fail. I have pentium11 (mendocino processor) 96 megs of memory, I am running windows 98 basic, (the version you get when you replace your motherboard) and I am on road runner cable modem, my modem has been clocked at 2500 KBS download speed, and 275 KBS upload speed. Because 4 different software programs are having the same problem ,it must be my computer or connection,RIGHT ? I have turned off my firewall and lowerd my security settings to the lowest setting, and still no uploads. I dont know what to check or change.Help .