View Single Post
Old February 26th, 2007
Apprentice

Zeus1 is flying high
Default Same issue as everyone - no connection

For some reason, my LW just seemed to stop working. We didn't add any new programs to our computer, it just seemed to stop working. So here are my details (this is gonna be long):

1. OS version? Windows XP on x86
2. What firewalls you have? Windows, Norton
3. How much ram? 512
4. Hard Disk space available? 52.7 GB
5. Connection type? Cable
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers? Modem: Motorola SB5101 Router: NetGear WGR614
7. Where are you trying to connect from? Home
8. What version of LimeWire & Java do you have? LW 4.12.11 Java 1.5.0_11
9. Who is your ISP provider? Shaw
10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there? Page said, “Your test worked!”
11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up. No
12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user. This is a new problem with a previous user of LW
13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface? Absolutely

Bug reports:
Is Connected: False
Received incoming this session: False
Port Stable: False

I uninstalled Limewire, manually removed it from Norton and Windows firewall exceptions list, re-installed Limewire.

Norton Firewall – Limewire is set as an exception.

Windows Firewall – Limewire is set as an exception.

Shaw does permit P2P, although one of the stickys notes that it has been reported Shaw may cap bandwidth at times.

I completely shutdown LW, deleted my whole LimeWire preferences directory, restarted LW. When I did this I got the message that my computer does not appear to have an Internet Connection (it does) or a firewall is blocking LW from accessing the Internet.

I can’t remember where I saw it in the forums, but there was mention of ports. I tried adding port 7301 (according to the Bug reports, that is the port LW is operating on) to my Norton firewall exception but that did nothing. (Or I could be totally out to lunch on this port idea because I know nothing about ports).

Anyone have any ideas?