View Single Post
Old February 27th, 2007
Novicius

phantommaster is flying high
Default Limewire blocked by Firewall

Limewire says "Limewire is currently connecting to the network" whenever I try to download anything. There is a 'brick wall in front of globe' icon, and it says "Limewire has detected a Firewall".

I've read here that you go into My Control Panel - Windows Firewall and change the options. The only problem is: I don't have a Windows Firewall folder!!

Please somebody tell me where I can turn off the firewall!!!

I have Windows XP.

1. OS version? (eg: Windows 98, XP,OSX ) Windows XP
2. What firewalls you have? None!!! So WHAT is going on?!!?
3. How much ram? 1 Gig
4. Hard Disk space available? 100 Gig
5. Connection type? (eg: dialup, broadband, cable, etc.) Broadband
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers? Don't know sorry
7. Where are you trying to connect from (house, appartment complex, school, student accomodation, work, etc.)? House
8. What version of LimeWire (LW) & Java do you have? (Go to LW's menu Help>About LW...) Will show both LW & Java version. Limewire Pro
9. Who is your ISP provider (Internet Service Provider)? Bigpond
10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there? My Test worked!
11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up. Well, one of my other brothers has Limewire as well on his computer. We've disabled sharing so nobody can download stuff from us through Limewire.
12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user. New problem with experienced user.
13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface? YES

Last edited by phantommaster; February 27th, 2007 at 08:15 PM. Reason: added windows xp