Thread: LW 1.6b
View Single Post
Old February 19th, 2002
Unregistered

Question Why is it 'bad' for the network

Why is 1.6 bad for the network? I bought 2.1.3 Pro and installed it on my computer, while leaving 1.6b in place. I didn't want to go back and re-install it if I didn't like the new version. Two questions I haven't seen explained ANYWHERE else so far are, 1) Why are all connections now outgoing only? Is this the way the ultrapeer system works? Under the old system if you didn't have any incoming, you wern't able to share. Which leads me to my second and more important question. 2) Why doesn't the newer 2.1.3 appear to be uploading / sharing as many files? When I'm on with 1.6, I have uploads within a few minutes, with 2.1.3, it will sit for up to 1/2 hour before uploading 1 file? Local searches are drastically different as well with about a 50 to 1 ratio between old version and new. I noticed one other user making this similar observation as well. She said her files were popular, and not being shared. I think the searches are better on the new version, but I think it's as much fun to share, and am wondering what gives??