View Single Post
Old March 7th, 2007
Disciple

sparky_05084 is flying high
Question Any advice for a newbie?

Hi there. Im currently using limewire basic and I would be greatful in anyone out there could point me in the right direction. I have no problems downloading films and music and I can play both types of media. I am fully aware that you have to be cautious about what you look for + download and stuff like that (i.e don't touch EXE. files!) My antivirus program is Bullguard V 7.1. How can I scan my "incomplete files" and "currently downloading" files before I "launch" them. I've been on this forum browsing and I have seen loads of problems about viruses and worms and stuff attacking ppl's computers and totally knackering them up. Is it possible for a virus or Trojan to attack a computer simply by previewing a file or clip of a movie? or maybe even an audio file? I've heard rumours they can. This scares the hell out of me because if it did it to me I would be in the you know what as I use my comp for work. Basically thats it, just want to know if anyone has bullguard and knows how to pre-scan files before you actually download them as they save automatically. If I can scan them prior to using the file, then I know if its virused. Thanks all
PS. soz for goin on so much!: