View Single Post
Old February 19th, 2002
Unregistered

Question Fewer Uploads with 2.1.3

I have seen a few other posts noticing this problem, but no answers. I installed 2.1.3 Pro, and kept 1.6b installed on my computer for now. While I believe the search results are better on the Pro version, the amount of files I upload in next to nonexistant, compaired to 1.6. I also noticed that the local searches performed runs at about a 50 to 1 ratio, old versus new. I guess utrapeer was set up to cut down on the traffic, but has it done so at the expense of me being able to offer my files for sharing? When I launch 1.6 within minutes I'm getting several uploads going, whereas with 2.1.3, it may sit there for 1/2 hour before uploading 1 file. What gives. Everyone complains about people not sharing files, but it would appear for some reason that my files are not getting the exposure they had before. And one other observation. Are all connections supposed to be outgoing on the new ultrapeer system. That's what I'm showing. The old system had a mix of incoming and outgoing, and one time when my computer got a glitch and showed all outgoing, there were no uploads taking place till I rebooted. I just don't want to dump 1.6 until I'm convinced that I'm sharing the way I used to, because I like to share. That's what it's all about.