View Single Post
Old March 8th, 2007
Novicius

LadyAurelia121 is flying high
Default Right there with you

Hi, I feel your pain, I'm having exactly the same problem. Brand new Dell with Vista and McAfee, Limewire installs fine but can't connect and I get kicked off the internet. I discovered (with help from someone better with this stuff than me) that if I disabled my internet connection (I'm on a wireless connection to a cable modem) then reconnect it works fine, but only if Limewire is turned off. As soon as I try it again, same problem. I've been using Limewire for years on a computer running XP and never had an issue. Would love some help!!

1. what OS version? (eg: Windows 98, XP,OSX, Vista) Vista
2. What firewalls you have ? windows and McAfee, only McAfee is turned on
3. How much ram ? 1G
4. Hard Disk space available ? 160G
5. Connection type (eg: dialup, broadband, cable, etc.) ? cable
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers ? Linksys modem and router, don't know model numbers but can get them if needed
7. Where are you trying to connect from (house, appartment complex, school, student accomodation, work, etc.) ? house
8. What version,LimeWire & Java,Go to L/W's Help/About L/W, THIS show both LW & Java version.? just got the computer monday, so newest versions I assume
9. Who is your ISP provider (Internet Service Provider) ? pen-tele-data
10. Do this test click here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ should say 'Your test worked!. What happens ? works just fine
11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up. no other programs that i can think of, 5 computers on the same connection, all wireless
12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user.? have used LW for years, but 1st time on Vista
13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface ? yes
14. Have you given full permisions for LimeWire to pass through your Firewall ? yes
15. XP users, Please state XP firewall on or off.?