View Single Post
Old March 9th, 2007
Novicius

petedafreak is flying high
Smile Blank/white screen fix

I spent ages trying to figure out why the latest version of limewire was not running properly on my system. Everytime i'd open limewire it would load but with a blank screen and blank search tab. I'd move the mouse over the screen and get quick flashes of search results and then they would dissapear - very,very frustrating. My computer is a Power Mac G4, OS- 10.2.8. My older version of limewire (which i'd been using for years) was working great until a few months ago which is why i downloaded the newer one. 12 hrs+ of searching the forum trying to fix this glitch and the whole time thinking it was a java issue. If you're having the same problem as what i've just described try this , its simple - Just change the skin mode of Limewire. You'll find this option in the "view" tab. I'm using the "Metal" skin, it was the one that worked best (without any problems) on my system. Although i was happy as Larry after fixing the problem i was still pretty frustrated that it took so long to work out and that most threads were talking Java issues. The other skins that i tried still came up with glitches so i recommend the "Metal" skin. It worked perfect for me.
Before figuring this out i'd tried everything from deleting limewire preferences to re-installing limewire about 4 times and still unsuccessful. Now i have have no issues at all with it.
Anyways, hope this helps those that have the same proplem as i had.