View Single Post
Old March 9th, 2007
Disciple

PureSin is flying high

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieGak
Last night I found the file again... got up to 17%, then the download rate fell to zero, got the Busy Host notice, then Need More Sources. Since I was browsing the host, I tried downloading another file... a single source file. It started. WTF! The host obviously was still connected to the internet. I canceled both and started my target file again. It picked up at the 17% then stopped ay 31%. I did battle like this for about 90 minutes. It was like battling a prized game fish... but I finally got the entire file.

Also... speaking of searches... just how many hops does a ultrapeer pass a request on to? Just what's happening when I request "search for more sources" and it counts down from 300? And just what is Out Of Band searching?
Sources.
Was it as satisfying as game fishing? Will you mount the file on your wall for all to see?

This URL might be helpful to you ZombieGak;

http://www.limewire.org/wiki/index.p...sked_Questions

In the right hand column, beneath Contents, if you click 2.3 Searching - under the Answers subtitle, there is information on 'Needs more sources', 'Awaiting sources' and many other topics.
However I was not able to locate information on OOB - maybe I need glasses?
Stief, if you do know what OOB is, or where to find the information, can you please post it here?

Thank you.

Cheers :-)