Thread: Firewall Issue?
View Single Post
Old March 16th, 2007
Apprentice

pkot is flying high

Hi mickjapa108,

My Norton is not on disk, it was purchased as a download so I wouldn't be able to close the internet and re-install. I have found a solution, sort of, that may be of help to all Norton-challenged LW users.

My original Norton Firewall was 2004, and I purchased the renewal each year. My renewal was due to expire, so I purchased a newer product, Norton 360, which combines all Norton tools in one. I previously had Norton Systemworks for antivirus, antispam and other tools, and a separate firewall that was later connected with Systemworks on a prior renewal. I think this created the problem. I'm not an expert on this so don't quote me.

After installing Norton 360, which removed all prior Norton products, LW works fine so far. I also find other websites that had partial blocks on their content work fine as well.

For any Norton users maybe upgrading to a newer product would help, or uninstalling and re-installing could work as mentioned in a prior reply. I haven't tried the uninstall and re-install so anyone who does try should post a thread on whether it works.