View Single Post
Old March 17th, 2007
Novicius

LMC964 is flying high

Is this a record low? - I'm getting 13 kb MAX allocated to downloads - was fine earlier today, and just got slower and s-l-o-w-e-r ... so I disconnected LW, rebooted laptop - but it's just getting worse

1. OS version? XP Home SP2
2. What firewalls you have? Norton, Windows (disabled)
3. How much ram? 1GB
4. Hard Disk space available? About 55 GB
5. Connection type? (eg: dialup, broadband, cable, etc.) wireless broadband
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers? (internal modem) - Conexant D110; router: Philips SNA6500
7. Where are you trying to connect from (house, appartment complex, school, student accomodation, work, etc.)? House
8. What version of LimeWire (LW) & Java do you have? (Go to LW's menu Help>About LW...) Will show both LW & Java version. LW 4.12.11, Java 1.5.0_11
9. Who is your ISP provider (Internet Service Provider)? BT Broadband
10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there? Almost instantaneous - "Your test worked"
11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up. No
12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user. Been using LW several weeks, had the problem with constant disconnections, fixed that thanks to the excellent help on the forums here - all working fine until today
13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface? Yes. And five green bars

Did the speakeasy test and should have ~1210 kbps download speeds. Unless some very nice kind person can point out something I've missed, I can only think that BT are being horrid