View Single Post
Old March 20th, 2007
Apprentice

PotMeetsKettle is flying high
Default Browsing problems

Hi. I have an two odd browsing problems.

1st issue:
The search tabs refuse to close. I doesn't matter if I have one search or 10 searches open. The tab will close after many attempts at closing BUT, I can right click and immediately close searches that way. I never used to have to do that before.

2nd issue:
The search box refuses to become accessibile if I navigate away from it. The only quick way to get it to reappear is to right click on search and then the search box comes back.

What's going on?

Info:

1. what OS version? [Windows XP[/b]
2. What firewalls you have ? Windows, turned OFF
3. How much ram ? 256, I think
4. Hard Disk space available ? 80%
5. Connection type (eg: dialup, broadband, cable, etc.) ? High speed, lol
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers ?HUH?
7. Where are you trying to connect from [b******[/b]
8. What version,LimeWire & Java,Go to L/W's Help/About L/W, THIS show both LW & Java version.? 4.11.12
9. Who is your ISP provider (Internet Service Provider) ? Comcast
10. Do this test click here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ should say 'Your test worked!. What happens ? Test worked
11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up. No
12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user.? Experienced user, new problem
13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface ? no
14. Have you given full permisions for LimeWire to pass through your Firewall ? I turn the firewall off
15. XP users, Please state XP firewall on or off.? I turn the firewall off
Thanks for any help I get.

Last edited by PotMeetsKettle; March 20th, 2007 at 10:00 PM.