View Single Post
Old March 23rd, 2007
Novicius

001721 is flying high

1. OS version? windows xp home
2. What firewalls you have? not sure but here is a list of anti virus/spyware type programs i have installed. some may be firewalls...
ad-aware se personal
avg free
comboix
cureit
highjackthis
spyware blaster
spyware guard
super antispyware free edition
3. How much ram? 504 mb
4. Hard Disk space available? 7.23gb
5. Connection type? broadband
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers? linksys wireless router wag54gs
7. Where are you trying to connect from (house, appartment complex, school, student accomodation, work, etc.)? house
8. What version of LimeWire (LW) & Java do you have? limewire 4.10.12 pro & java 1.5.0_02
9. Who is your ISP provider (Internet Service Provider)? freedom2surf
10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there? your test worked is displayed
11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up. the router i am using is plugged into my pc in the other room
12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user. i've been using limewire a while and it has always been so slow other than the odd occasion. this is the first time i found this forum though for help.
13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface? no

speed test:
download - 926 kb/s
upload - 119 kb/s

when downloading from the site you advised the speed was constantly changing but on average it was around 100 kb/s which is a great improvement.

how could i get my limewire to always download at such speeds?