View Single Post
Old March 27th, 2007
Apprentice

samtomjohn is flying high
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by samtomjohn
right what i have found out tonight as i am really teed off, is that tiscali who r gettin on my **** have not blocked p2p file sharin it is just a case of u use over 50gb and they find out about it, they will cut you off between the hours of 1pm and 11pm so people say, but they only cut u off actually between the hours of 6pm and 11 pm, which is actual peak time for people usin the internet and cloggin it up if u cant connect 4 any other reason u want to uninstall windows reformat ur hard drive and put windows back on again, dont install any software on your computer again and just install ur modem and isp providers drivers dont even install any anti virus o antispyware knock all fire walls off and speed test all the way people if u get lowspeeds like me when ur on 8mb complain complain complain, try goin on limewire again then if no change complain, threaten to cancel as they are not providing the service you have asked for, if u r downloadin files between 10kbps and downloadin ten at a time it is not ur isp cappin ur download speed it is actually a fault with ur line not through your phone companies fault so dont get palmed off by that bullshit, i am havin the same problem for instance i have an internet connection speed of around 7.4 mbps and are on 8mb max package now i am havin problems with is what they say and what you need done is to have ur fone line SPEEDTESTED through ur INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER, mine have told me tonight to test my line at the website provided by them
THIS PAGE MIGHT HELP YOU SO TRY TYPIN IT IN YOUR BROWSER WETHER YOUR ON TISCALI O NOT(HTTP://SPEEDCHECK.ISPCONNECTION.CO.UK)
now bearin in mind that my imternet connection is 7.4 and that it is 8mb u wont get 8mb where it is 7.4mb i run the speed test and tiscali say that my current speed is 3.16, i have told them that this is not on and that they promised me 8mb and i know it wont quite reach that but what they say to that is that i should still get speeds of around midway between the 7.4mb and 3.16 mb which should work oout that ur gettin 5.2 mb, which means if u use a program such as limewire u r not actually usin the net u are usin a windows program why do you think they cant close it down it is not a website so your not sendin any bytes of information any where else unless ur downloadin o sum1 else is uploadin from u and if they wont provide u with this u hve the right to cancel ur 12 month contract they tried blamin my phone companie, but bt said its bullshit ur phone providers only provide u with ur phone line it is upto ur isp to sought ur connection out they pomise u 8mb so 8mb it should be, i hope this help people contact ur isp get them to speed check download at ur maximum speed go all the way this will varie due to connection through routers and modems,
keep me informed people iwill try to help ihave to test my line all day tommorow and get back to them and they say if i still have a problem the problem that their egineers will have to treat this as a very important urgencie and sort it out straight away if they dont then i will simply cancel the contract as i am within my rights tiscali max is 8mbps it dont deal in kbps i will tell u what happens tommorrow they will tell me what my actual download speeds are after all the speed tests and if u are in the same boat as me with 8md and an asdl speed touch modem then u can complain and ask for the same speeds as me il b back just like arnie
when u do the isp speed test reffered above u need to deactivate any other weblinks u have goin at this time and deactivate any anti virus spyware scanners firewalls o any other protection this is a legitimate site its run by tiscali it should still work for other isps toohave fun downloadin people and stop fallin asleep while ur waitin for your films to download