View Single Post
Old February 23rd, 2002
dimagor

Thumbs down The download resume problem is driving me crazy!!!

If this problem won't be fixed soon, I'll stop using LimeWire forever, and will tell everybody I know that LimeWire is the worst Gnutella client ever made!!!!!!!!!

How is it possible:

I downloaded a song, Killed it, found the EXACT same file, with the EXACT same name and the SAME size, and I know it for sure because when I clicked "Download Any", I checked the incomplete folder and there was no file added, it just started rewriting it from the beginning! I had 3500/4000 KB already downloaded, but this damn program just started rewriting it!!! I noticed this problem a LONG time ago and I hoped that the developers would actually do something about it soon, but me (and all the other users. for more info go to "Download\Upload problems" forum, and select "Resuming downloads") still have the problem!!!

I like LimeWire, I like it's design, it's feautures (especially Ultrapeers), I like the search results, I like the download speed, but I have a dial-up connection, and if I download something big (I once download 100+ MB file, and my connection droped at 50MB completed, and LimeWire just started rewriting it!!).!!!!!!!!