View Single Post
Old April 2nd, 2007
Disciple

joefuf is flying high

Well I did everything the way you said to... I called up Linksys and asked them to guide me through the Static IP process for good measure... I installed the offline installer (you gave me the name of the online installer, so I did what would make sense and used the offline one) Then I reinstalled LW... No luck. ..........

So... I don't know what my options are right now. I have my laptop which works perfectly and is also on a static IP and will run LW. My desktop has removed Norton like you advised, is now using static IP, and has windows firewall off. Still, it won't run...

I did notice that my wireless network connection knows it is not being firewalled or blocked, so there is no firewall in the problem. I went through my running processes again and found some interesting ones though that may or may not be a problem:

AOLssc.exe --- AOL's security program, but it isn't in the tray anymore like it used to be so I figured it was shut down

MpfService.exe --- Mcaffe personal firewall service?

MpfTray.exe --- Macaffee personal firewall tray?

SpySweeper.exe --- SpySweeper

SpySweeperUI.exe - - SpySweeper

Could any of those be the problem?

An idea I had in the middle of this whole thing was that you and I could set up a time for us to use a "remote control" program and I would let you remotely control my computer for a time. Then we would know that everything is being done as it should. If you are up for this option, let me know, give me a week or so, and I can find a program for us to use.