View Single Post
Old April 8th, 2007
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

No I think you will find that your downloaded files are still there. Just need to find them & make sure you set LW to download to the same location each time.

Since about LW 4.12, the incompletes refusing to reload will continue from where they left off if you follow directions & find sources for teh files. Initially they will show zero % but once they actually start downlding again, they will begin where they were before.

To reload the incomplete files, go to your Library window, select the incomplete folder near the bottom, click it so it show all the incomplete file. Then select all the incomplete files whilst holding down the SHIFT key, then press the Resume button. This will force them back into the downld window. Some may start downlding immediatey. Some you will need to search again for to find sources for them.

Now to stop LW crashing, we need to find the cause. My bet is either lack of sufficient ram, or lack of sufficient space on your HDD, or a highly fragmented HDD, or a combination. I'd suggest you check all these things & deragment your HDD's, make sure no HDD"s are more than 75% full, & have more than 500 MB ram.

Also, if you are sharing a lot of files, reduce the number a little. Same applies to incomplete files. If you have too many, then remove the ones that are 0% & zero KB in size. This will result in less srain on LW. ALso, don't use the Resume/Find sources function on all your files at once. Only use it on one or 2 files at once else you will put too much stress on LW & your computer & your modem.