View Single Post
Old April 11th, 2007
Novicius

KiraMog is flying high
Default For the love of Bob, help us here!

I have been reading these forums for a few hours and keep seeing the same unresolved problem all over the place; our searches are coming up blank.

I am using Comcast internet, a Toshiba laptop and Windows XP. I have been able to use LimeWire just fine in the past, but starting this week it's been hell.

I have a router and a firewall, but there are holes poked in them just for LimeWire and like I said, I have been able to use it with no problems in the past.

I have tried re-installing LimeWire, restarting the computer and tweaking endlessly with the options. Nothing is helping.

Let me explain exactly what is wrong here. When I search for something, say music, the lime turns, my bars are all solid green and the grey progress bar steadily climbs but I get no results. Nothing I put in the search comes up with a result. Hell, I'm not even getting spam/junk results.

There are no error messages that show, my connections tab reveals no problems. No matter what I search, the window is just blank.... no results. When normally I would be swamped with titles, I get nothing.

Many people seem to be having this problem and it is very frustrating because it does not seem that we are getting a clear answer as to why this is happening or what can be done to fix it. Is it an acknowledged common error that developers are working on? Is it related to the internet provider? Are we wearing the wrong color socks!??

PLEASE help us all.