View Single Post
Old April 11th, 2007
Novicius

Nat363 is flying high
Default Can't get connection working

I just got the basic version of Limewire yesterday and I haven't yet been able to get it to work. It says it's connected but stays perpetually at one bar, and I'm unable to start searching for files.

1. OS version? Windows XP home edition
2. What firewalls you have? I have Windows firewall, set to allow Limewire as an exception, and avast! security system.
3. How much ram? 504 MB
4. Hard Disk space available? 42.5 GB
5. Connection type? (eg: dialup, broadband, cable, etc.) network connection,10 Mbps
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers? Modem is HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax, I don't know how to find out what router I have
7. Where are you trying to connect from? My dorm room at school...maybe my school is blocking it.
8. What version of LimeWire (LW) & Java do you have? Limewire 4.12.11, Java 1.5.0_06
9. Who is your ISP provider (Internet Service Provider)? school's WANA
10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there? my test worked
11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up. no
12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user. first try
13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface? Yes.

I've already tried deleting .limewire, it didn't help.

Last edited by Nat363; April 11th, 2007 at 02:51 PM.