View Single Post
Old April 12th, 2007
Disciple

ignore.txt is flying high

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickjapa108
Hi Jess.
Its looking like you need to ring Telecom/Xtra & ask if they have another built in
firewall, or are they shaping P2P, (Limewire traffic).
Its been my experience, You have to ask for their reply in writing, then if they are shaping, they should come clean.
Jess my friend, Its nothing to do with LimeWire, My video D/Ls run at 350 KBs
If you can confirm for me Telecom/Xtra are not guilty, I may be able to talk you through portfawarding.
Good luck.
Peace.
Hey mick
if you ever live in New Zealand, U d known for a fact Xtra has a very bad reputation as their broadband service isnt as quick as it should be, a lot slower than lots of other ISPs in NZ

I rang them the other day and they insisted that they dont doing any shapings, checked with few other friends that use p2p programms that r also with Xtra, the asnwer? all pretty similar

If I have the power 2day I would just change ISP coz I know thats whats really going on. and it shown on the speed test I did. The nearest server from where I live is like 6 hrs away ffs!!!

I havnt seen the brick since yesterday, maybe its gone for good maybe its not but I deleted the reference folder and reset everything, also configured back to uPnP

I just dont want any trouble and wish I was borned computer savvy

Cheers for the tippies

<3 Jess.