View Single Post
Old April 19th, 2007
Novicius

akchicky is flying high
Default still doing it....

1. OS version?windows xp

2. What firewalls you have? norton & windows BOTH ARE OFF!!

3. How much ram? enuf 480 LW worked before??!!??

4. Hard Disk space available? enuf??? 1.8 with 54% used

5. Connection type? broadband,

6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers? I don't remember and it is in the other room, but LW DID work before & I called my isp if they changed anything and that is a negative and I have the same equipment

7. Where are you trying to connect from house

8. What version of LimeWire (LW) & Java do you have?
the latest of both I just re downloaded them

9. Who is your ISP provider (Internet Service Provider)?

10. Do this simple test for us. Using your browser go here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ The page should say 'Your test worked!'. What happens when you go there? it worked

11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? no

12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user. it was working then it went behind the wall, re installed lw, my screen changes size when i start lw,and when I change it back to 'normal' it stops the program (lw)

13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface? YES!!!!! and only 1 bar

OK....so I finally have time to work on getting LW going again. I had asked for help before and have read several threads but I am still having the same problems....I have re-installed LW & Java so I have the latest & greatest of both but when I try to start LW my screen goes dark for 3 seconds and the resolution changes to 800 x 600 ( i have it set at1024 x 768) and LW Is still behind the firewall....I have Norton & windows firewalls but I have BOTH Off. The silly thing is LW did work before. The troubles seemed to start a short time After installing norton internet security 2007 but It did work for a while

Any Suggestions, Comments, Assistance will be Wonderful!!!!!!!!

Please Help!!!!!!

thanks
~akchicky~