View Single Post
Old April 21st, 2007
Gnutella Admirer

caseybob is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel
Default Upload Slow Speed Problem when Sharing

G'men & Ladies: Using XP Pro w/SP2, I previously had IPS service of slow 14KBYTES p/sec Upload and LW would ONLY upload MAX of 3KBYTES p/sec total, with 3 slots selected...Download no problem. A few days ago signed up for 5Mbits p/sec; 625KBYTES download, 125KBYTES upload p/sec. Download speed in LW jumped dramatically to at least 300KBYTES p/sec, BUT upload sharing stayed at same tiny speed of MAX total 3KBYTES p/sec. Reset speed configuration at T1, changed Up & Down %'s to well within new limits, partial files disabled, etc...was stunned to see same old 3KBYTES sharing upload. It was bad enough to see 3KB up with 14KB allowed. Now, it is still MAX 3KB up with 125KB up allowed! May have missed a small set-up detail in a year of LW, but am not novice and doubt it. Three long sessions with my ISP tech folks, and although friendly, consistently evasive. In monthly ratings of top 200 N. American Internet providers, they are always in top ten. A little seed of paranoia setting in; what is going on? This is very important since your entire concept is based on sharing. Would some senior member with serious detective skills PLEASE take a very close look at this problem...it threatens your excellent Open Source service. I am a veteran journalist and if we can't find some answers to this mutual problem, the mystery is going to be on the wires of both Canadian Press & Associated Press. Would appreciate courtesy of prompt reply. Thank you, caseybob