View Single Post
Old April 21st, 2007
Gnutella Admirer

caseybob is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel
Default Major Upload Sharing Problem

Have spent four hours perusing loads of previous upload questions/answers...no luck. I am using Xp Pro w/SP2 at 1.4MHz, 1.28SDRam for LimeWire 4.13.2 BETA and have had no Download problems (tried posting in BETA forum and was directed here by Kathy). However, under previous IP hook-up had slow 256Kbits p/sec max, allowing only 33KBYTES down and 14KBYTES up. When sharing for days my MAX was never above 3KBYTES p/sec up. Not a novice and assume all settings correct. Changed IP service three days ago to 5Megabits p/sec; 625KBYTES p/sec down, 125KBYTES p/sec up. Difference dramatic in all I'Net usage EXCEPT in LimeWire sharing UPloads. Astonished to find my LW UPloads STILL stuck at 3KBYTES p/sec. Read Mr. Lee Evan's advice carefully about 'Forcing my Ip Firewall' on Gnutella. His instruct; Tools/Option/Advance/Firewall, then enter my IP number did NOT work. Couldn't get to 'Firewall' to enter number. If this feature is only available in LW Pro, President Evans should say so in these instructs; I am using free. Despite being a veteran journalist, I still try and give everyone (companies incl.), the benefit of the doubt. But after a few posts, am no further ahead, even with a President, LW staff, moderators, and senior members advice. For this new Junior Member, is there any HELP out there, PLEASE.
Regards, caseybob