View Single Post
Old April 22nd, 2007
Novicius

jaam0005 is flying high

Well, first off thank you for the heads up, even though ive already d/l a few. I am currently d/l AVG to check for viruses now, so thats done. I have 2 ?'s if you dont mind.

Basically are you saying not to try and d/l any pc games? If I am able to, what file extensions are safer to d/l?

Also, I have been trying now for 2 days to start getting some movies on L/W. I dont have any problem getting them d/l they play in WMP for me just fine. The only problem is when I go to Dvdsanta to transfer them or do whatever your suppose to do, They just get the encoding process started and then an error message comes up and my windows explorer and dvdsanta get shutdown.

Now, Im not sure what stuff I need on my puter to get the movies onto a dvd so i can play in my home dvd player, but I have been reading posts for 2 days and I think ive d/l more codecs than ive even heard of before. Also I just bought this puter 3 days ago, so I did find out that it looks like it came with almost all of those codecs AND a crap load more already on the puter. Ive tried AVSmedia, and it was depressing, because it worked great, first time, right out of the shoot, until I went to check on it and saw the preview showing a banner in the center of the picture the whole time it was d/l. I have tried dvdsanta, but as you read I cant get it working. Hmmm let me see whatelse have I d/l to try and get this going correctly? LOL

If there is any way you might be able to help a cupter idiot out, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks