View Single Post
Old April 26th, 2007
Apprentice

newloserintown is flying high

I am so confused.
I am not very computer savvy and am trying to learn so i hope someone can help.
I really need to get into this computer stuff world because LW and things are dangerous if you don't know what you are doing!

I do know that I am AOL 9.0 Security Edition internet dial-up connection.
My computer is a Dell Dimension 4600.
I have Windows xp.
I know we do not use the AOL firewall because we use McAfee Security Center.
I have downloaded LimeWire before and it did work alright.
As long as you were on my brother's desktop logged onto my mother's screenname, you could open LW and sign on to download and everything.
I tried adding shortcuts to LW onto the other two desktops on my computer but it seemed that it was just what you get when you first install? I know that's not a very good way of explaining but it's true. It asked me all these questions about languages and setups and everything. And then the few songs (but still music!) were not there! Eventually I could not even open LW anymore, so I deleted all LW files off the computer.
I went in on my desktop and my screenname and tried downloading but I got a message saying something was wrong so I used the alternative download. Everything seemed to work and I can open it and everything.
I tried logging on and now the bars stay at 1 green no matter what! It says there is a firewall blocking but it doesn't make any sense. Our firewall allows LimeWire, it says so in the settings! And I am allowed to get on this site on my screenname so why is this not working!?!?
If someone could e-mail me with help that would be great~