View Single Post
Old April 26th, 2007
Airhead

birdy has a distinguished reputationbirdy has a distinguished reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tid View Post
Looking at this thread, it seems just about everyone has the same problem - they cannot connect. Why doesn't Limewire sort this out?

Ok, this is my problem.

I'm using Mac OS X 10.4.9 on iMac + plenty of RAM and free HD space, I have broadband with tiscali and a Netgear router linked by ethernet cable. I have OS X firewall switched on (the brick wall always shows in LW), but it SOMETIMES connects me through it, and SOMETIMES it doesn't. When it connects I have 4 or 5 green bars showing and I can sit there for hours quite happily.

But next time I launch LW, it's all gone. I have one green bar and nothing comes up when I search.

If I delete LW and all the Preferences, and install it all again, SOMETIMES this works and gives me a connection, SOMETIMES it doesn't. There is no way to predict this.

One thing is for sure - if it doesn't give me a connection, then doing that fix in System Prefs where you tell it which port to 'listen' at (from LW prefs) NEVER makes a difference.

The only thing that ever works, is to delete everything and re-install, and then just hope and pray that THIS time I get a connection. It shouldn't be this arbitrary, should it? Is there any way I can guarantee a connection when I launch LW?

I am at my wits end over this.
Maybe it's got something to do with your ISP

There are heaps of posts here from Tiscali customers who either can't connect or can only connect sometimes.

Tiscali & Limewire
can't connect between 5pm-11pm
I have found a solution to getting Limewire to work with Tiscali

Use the forum search to look for Tiscali & you'll find more info.