View Single Post
Old April 27th, 2007
Novicius

BluesDriveMonster14 is flying high
Question Problem Removing Limewire!

Well, since I got Limewire, my computer has been going very slow. Because of this, I decided to remove the product. Oh yeah, before I go on, I downloaded the basic version of Limewire, not pro.

Well I uninstalled Limewire today. Right before I uninstalled it, my internet suddenly crashed. It failed to show any internet pages, even though I checked its connections and everything was how its supposed to be. I thought maybe Limewire was the problem, so I went and tried to uninstall it. I don't know if this may be part of the problem, but Limewire was open when I was removing it because it wouldn't allow me to close it.

After it was fully removed from my computer, Limewire would actually attempt to open, even though it's not on my computer anymore. After it would try loading for about one second, a java pop-up would come up and it would say that Limewire had troubles installing, and that I should install it again. That is weird because I just uninstalled it. Along with that, when I installed it, it had no problems at all and worked perfectly fine.
To see if this pop-up type thing would go away and to see if Limewire would stop trying to load, I restarted my computer. This didn't do anything because Limewire is still attempting to load. And if I click out of the java pop-up, it just pops up again in another minute.

Does anyone know how to stop Limewire from trying to lead on my computer like this? Help would really be appreciated. :]