View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2007
Novicius

xafinac is flying high
Default Specific "User" (non-admin) Issue w/Vista - HELP!!

This is a weird one. I usually can figure these things out.

I have (2) User Accounts created on my Vista laptop. I have the Administrator account. I've installed the 4.12 Limewire and Java per all recommendations. Limewire works fine for me, the Administrator. It shows I'm behind a firewall but the connection is great everytime.

I had created an account for my daughter and when she is logged in it will not allow her to connect. I thought it is due to parental controls, but it doesn't appear to be the case. I've disabled all parental controls and given her full access to all programs, logged off, had her sign back in and she still can't connect. She logs back off, me back on, and connection is fine.

I've tried multiple experiments. I've uninstalled Limewire and reinstalled several times. It appears that when she runs Limewire the very first time after an installation she can connect. If the system is ever restarted she can never connect again. I as Admin can connect everytime.

Anyone have suggestions for me? My daughter is very frustrated with my usually good troubleshooting skills. Help me save my reputation!

Thanks