View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2007
Novicius

glitch is flying high
Question What shall I do?

Im having problems with limewire on my mac. I have been using limewire for a while but recently my connection has been really bad and it will only go up to one bar. I downloaded the newest version but when opening it will bounce in the dock and then stop. I tried downloading the java update the BSD package but when opening this it says disc image failed to mount. What shall I do now?

BTW
1. what OS version? (eg: Windows 98, XP,OSX, Vista) Mac OSX panther 3.8.2
2. What firewalls you have ?not sure sorry
3. How much ram ?256
4. Hard Disk space available ? about 14GB
5. Connection type (eg: dialup, broadband, cable, etc.) ?Dial up
6. Modem & router brand name & model numbers ?Built in
7. Where are you trying to connect from (house, appartment complex, school, student accomodation, work, etc.) ? [COLOR=royalblue******[/COLOR]
[COLOR=royalblue******[/color]8. What version,LimeWire & Java,Go to L/W's Help/About L/W, THIS show both LW & Java version.? [/color] Two versions the latest one and an older one
[COLOR=royalblue******[/color]9. Who is your ISP provider (Internet Service Provider) ? BT
10. Do this test click here: http://www3.limewire.com:6346/ should say 'Your test worked!. What happens ?
11. Are you sharing the connection with other computers or p2p sharing programs? If yes, please give details of set up.-
12. Is this a your 1st try at LW or is this a new problem with an experienced user.? I've used limewire for about a year
13. Do you see a brick wall in front of the blue world icon at the bottom of LW's interface ?-
14. Have you given full permisions for LimeWire to pass through your Firewall ? Yes I think so
15. XP users, Please state XP firewall on or off.? -

Last edited by glitch; May 4th, 2007 at 08:11 AM. Reason: more info