View Single Post
Old May 6th, 2007
Novicius

calrita is flying high
Default Can not connect to internet in Limewire

I can not get a connection to Limewire. Each time I access Limewire and try to initiate a search, I repeatedly receive the message: "Limeware is currently connecting to the internet". For the last 3 days, I have left Limeware open simultaneously with the internet opened and continues to receive the same message. The connection quality remains at one bar indefinitely. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the new Java update (Jse 6(1)) and have rebooted the computer and the cable modem with no results. In addition, the port in Limeware is 6346. I am not sure if it's safe to add a port since it defeats the purpose of the firewall altogether. Recently and prior to the problem I did delete some temporary and internet files trying to clean up my hard drive through Windows disk clean up. After that, I could not connect. I was able to connect before. My specific information is as follows:

1. Opperation System - Windows XP
2. Firewalls I have - Windows. I also have Mcafee anti-virus software installed.
3. Not sure of how much Ram or harddisk space available, but I have connected before.
4. Connection type - Cable.
5. Modem Information - Modem Surfboard # SB5100 - Cable Modem.
6. Connected - At home.
7. Version & Java - Limeware version 4.9.7, Java 1.50-11 and Java 6 (1)
8. ISP provider - Comcast.
9. Test performed and got the message "Your test worked".
10. Not sharing connections with any other computers or p2p share programs.
11. Yes, I see the firewall in front of the blue ball, but I have connected through windows before.

Until this problem is resolved, I can not use Limeware efficiently. Please provide some help to resolved this problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Calrita