View Single Post
Old May 7th, 2007
ContraBanned

Lord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputationLord of the Rings has a distinguished reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Help View Post
DO NOT USE JAVA 6 UPDATE 1... This is the problem to it all i have spent a hole morning working out the problem and UNISTALL IT... Uninstall JAVA 6 UPDATE 1 Along with every other Jave you have...

Then download Java 5 Update 11 which is the most previous version of Java and there is no pboblems with it...

After all this Defragment your computer just to tidy it up and all (This is optinal)
Then RESET your computer.. This should fix the problem it worked for me and i have told u everytihng i done... I hope this helps all you Limewire Fans. Ignore the Java program becuase it will tell you to update to version 6 dont do it i havn't tried it and i dont want to do this all over again so a summary over this...

Only Java you have is 5 Update 11
Reset Computer
All should be working
Another link for it: Java 1.5 (take the JRE)

(Look for 5th on list) : ~
Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 5.0 Update 11
The J2SE Runtime Environment (JRE) allows end-users to run Java applications.

* However I would recommend the 2nd on list on the actual JRE download page which is the "Offline" download. It's always safer installing from your computer instead of over the internet. I would also suggest you close all internet programs before you re-install Java.