View Single Post
Old May 18th, 2007
Disciple

amanda33 is flying high
Default Hi Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyslogos View Post
Hi All

This is my first post to this forum as up until now Limewire has been working perfectly and is really easy to use and set up.

Unfortunately after a spell of not using it for a while it is now totally and utterly usless.....

Irrespective of the no. of hosts to download from where I would get anything up to 110kb download speed it is now down to 1-5KB and continually stops for very long pauses before re continuing at an even slower pace.

After reading lots of info/help on this forum (nothing I tried made any difference) I came acrross the isp's that limit p2p downloads and to my shock saw Tiscali mentioned.As I use them (UK) and could find no other reason I posted on the Tiscali UK Forum site and apparently they have been blocking/limiting ALL p2p downloads from 8am to 1pm,irrespective of your bandwidth use (I have the problem with Limewire 24hrs) Tiscali is said to be making an official announcment on the matter in the next week.

If there is anyone using Limewire OK with UKonline ? If yes I would be gratefull if you would say if they are ok or not as Tiscali can go to HELL.

I did try downloads speeds from 'Magnet mix' as suggeseted here many times and the most I could get was 15kb,,mainly though it was about 5kb and continually stopping.

My broadband speed is 1mb on an ADSL modem

Kind regards
Andy
I say give up on Tiscali I have been with them for a while I had a small connection problem and they didn't fix it for 6 months! They are only refunding me 2 months. Their after sales service is non existant do as I do and switch.

Kind regards

Amanda33