View Single Post
Old May 21st, 2007
Novicius

RodAlonzo is flying high
Lightbulb Connecting Only

Hi there,sorry to be one of the ones that this quick fix didn't work for, but its true. Here's an interesting twist to these connection issues. I have two computers connected to the same router with the same connection settings. One uses XP, the other 98. They both are connected to the internet through a cable modem, but only the 98 version will access Limewire while XP is not able to connect. While this is interesting its also frustrating since prior to my XP crash a couple months ago, i couldn't access the internet at all on the 98, but now it's got all connections after some minor tweaking. I even recovered the XP computer with original system disks removing SP2 because of firewall issues, but still nothing. I also tried ur latest step to delete the user files, but still no connections on the XP while my 98 is thriving with no probs. I even thought at one point that my ISP was blocking me until I got both computers running at the same time off the same line and only the XP system has connection issues and thats with the old 4.8 version as well as the latest 4.12 versions. Hope u can shed some light for me or better yet, on my XP