View Single Post
Old March 2nd, 2002

Moak is flying high

Hi anonymous, fearing improvements?

Yeah, the best idea is I'll quit and go over to ...perhaps Freenet or eDonkey. Gnutella development is snail slow and some developer are astonishing closed minded for an open potocol, the commercial influence is increasing.

If you don't see the necessity to envolve Gnutella and push it to a new quality... I see it and think it's so desperatly needed! Since months I pray for superpeers, hash, metadata, dynamic structure and improved routing of messages, to learn from other P2P systems... and especially for a common and well documented standart. I still have ideas, but I'm just a rebell rouser? The best that can happen to Gnutella in my eyes is a finished Gnutella RFC and stop of homebrew additions and v0.5/v0.6 chaos. Mentioned v0.6 protocol is just a few months old and a small step forward - right now just a new handshake and a construction site in heavy improvement (feel free to look behind the scenes and read the GDF message database). Sorry, that I try to help, analyze weak spots and suggest solutions. :-)

Greets, Moak

PS: Nobody forces you to use UDP. And Gnucleus is not my style of coding, then I prefer PEERanha (which I allready support).

Last edited by Moak; March 2nd, 2002 at 07:23 PM.